Friday, September 26, 2014

delicomb, won't you be my baby, well, delicomb be my own


Pardon me while I paraphrase Jimmie Rodgers' "Honeycomb"! You can listen to it here, if you aren't familiar with it.
No, truly, go ahead.
I'll wait.
It's a right cute song!
Back now?
I know, you're wondering what the one thing has to do with the other.
Well, it's where I had lunch today.
On my way back from Ormond Beach, a place that was 'new to me', I was determined to continue gathering new experiences on this mini-vacation. No stopping at Dave & Buster's this time! I have a deck of unused Shuffle and Dine cards that I've been dragging around for months. Time to try one out!
I had already moved a few of the cards to the front of the deck.
Crazy Fish was first on my list.
Nuvi had the address and off we went!
I ended up on a puddle-beset dirt road, behind a marina. I drove down it as far as I could before the road was too drowned for travel. No sighting of the restaurant.
Drats. Strike one.
The next card up was Da Big Kahuna. In search of it I went!
I drove by the address three times. The restaurant was gone.
The building was there, but not the restaurant.
Apparently, it had closed last summer.
Drats. Strike two.
Having no luck with the cards, and definitely hungry for lunch, I cruised the area to see what else was available.
Honestly, I seem to be ever so much more conscious of bee-themes these days. I'm sure my alter-ego is responsible for that.
Fine by me!
Delicomb was definitely open and is now responsible to turning me on to granitas, or coffee slushies. So yummy!
Just beware of the 'ice-cream headache' if you try to drink it too quickly!
Sit back and enjoy is the lesson!
That is exactly what I did.
The Super Tuna, paired with a side of garbanzo salad, was just what I needed. In fact, half of the sandwich came home with me!
Definitely a home run hit!

No comments: