Tuesday, February 24, 2015

drunken noodle soup


Well, it sounded reasonable enough.
As I had tests to grade and was not going to venture out to trivia tonight, I would do the next best thing.
Our group usually calls itself "The Drunken Noodles" (in lieu of the "Inebriated Fettucine" or some such nonsense). In honor of that sobriquet, and making use of the lone bottle of beer languishing in my refrigerator for the past year, I would prepare Drunken Noodles Soup!
Seriously, it sounded like a good idea.
However, the beer was far too hoppy and bitter, as it turns out.
YUCK.
I tried to remedy the situation by adding some Original Mrs. Dash.
No improvement at all.
Sweetening was definitely needed.
Fine.
I threw some honey into the concoction.
Not a recipe to repeat, but marginally edible.
Very marginally.
Sure sounded like a good idea.

No comments: