Tuesday, April 7, 2015

docs and dentists, oh my!


Today, at 10:15 AM, I had my physical exam.
Rather, that is the time at which it all began. Because of the car wreck on Saturday, my doctor at the VA Center thought it best to run some additional tests. I was having tingling and numbness in my left hand, from the middle finger to the pinky.
The doctor wanted to find out if I had any damage to my spinal column. I had a Chest X-ray and then a series of x-rays of my neck and upper spine. Seven vertebrae were required to be seen for the C-Spine X-ray and it took a bit of posing to make that happen.
I had to have an EKG, too. My usual sinus arrhythmia had an odd hitch on the fourth beat.
The doctor also checked my abdominal area for any soft tissue damage. Seat belts can take their toll on internal organs, you know.
After almost two and a half hours, I was released.
Results will be forthcoming.
Meanwhile, I had a dental hygiene appointment at 12:50 PM! It had been scheduled for 9:50 AM, but that wasn't go to work, so I had gotten lucky with this later time.
Or so I had thought.
I had hoped to get a little lunch beforehand, but that was clearly not going to happen now.
Oh, well.
I came out of the VA Center to find a message from the first niece.

her: Are you home?
me: Just leaving doctor. Now to the dentist.
her: Sounds like you're having fun.
me: Oh, way too much fun for one person. Want some?
me: I will gladly share. :-)

her: Nope, I am having enough writing this paper for school.
me: <3

An hour or so later, I was done!
New X-rays of my molars, to check on aging fillings. (They are doing well, thanks.)
Free oral cancer screening with their new whizbang toy, the Velscope. (Interesting device. It felt like she was using a tiny hair dryer on my gums.)
Teeth cleaned, then painted with a mint fluoride treatment. (A touch of gingivitis was present, too, mostly because I have not been flossing. Heck, I haven't even been brushing on a regular basis. My BFF would be quite disappointed with me.)

I had thought I might treat myself to a movie this afternoon, but I did not.
Instead, I stayed home and took care of some paperwork.
I even caught up on all of my lab grading!
Believe me, that is quite a feat!
I also finished off the Oscar Turbot and ravioli from last night. The Bonefish Grill had given me a $10 coupon and I had almost allowed the deadline to catch me. Instead, after class, I dined there. A special on the evening's menu allowed me to have the Oscar Turbot Price Fixe at the same price as not. Odd, right? But here it is.

Oscar Turbot - $22.8 / ,
price fixe $22.8
From the Land of Fire & Ice, Greenland Turbot is the sister to the indulgent Halibut. Sautéed Piccata-style, topped with jumbo lump crab meat, asparagus, lemon caper butter sauce. Served with mushroom ravioli + spring vegetables


The waitress checked and that was correct, so I had the full she-bang... and was even able to use my coupon!
What a deal!
As well as the usual hot and crusty bread, with olive oil, I had a three course meal! A plate full of the fresh and luscious Bonefish House Salad before the fish and its sides arrived. Then, for dessert, the three cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, with a pot of sea salt caramel and a pot of molten chocolate for dipping.
Oh, so very good!!!
I had saved two of the ravioli and half the fish, knowing the doughnuts were coming up. Have to have room for dessert! Especially when it's free!
Plus, I did eat all of my veggies.

The last of that dish was tonight's main course.
Now to chill out a bit before bedtime.
Cood night, gentle readers!
(smile)

No comments: