Friday, April 17, 2015

the price is right



Drew Carey did what?!?
He officiated at the mass wedding of a bunch of engaged folks on "The Price Is Right".
I did you not.
This morning, the episode aired.
The whole thing was a bit surreal.
Heck, for this entire week, the show has been a bit surreal.
That all started on Monday, with the episode in which all the players were couples who had just met through match.com. Each person had met the other about an hour before taping began.
All the prizes were designed to be easily split, should it turn out the match didn't work.
That was good.
I tuned in the next day to see if couples-playing would be continued.
It was.
These were all couples who had been married for some number of years.
That meant the prizes were for couples, not single folks.
The next morning, it was military couples.
I missed Thursday (I overslept), but I had made sure to wake up in time for today's show.
Did you know that Drew Carey could perform weddings?
Yes, he can, in the state of California.
You learn something new every day.

Now, I need to go work in my back yard.
The twerps who live behind me don't like purple flowers and have called the city on me.
Again.
I should really just put up a huge wall so they cannot even see into my luxuriously-sized back yard.
That's probably half the problem, too.
They have yard envy.
Mine is, truly, twice the size of theirs.
Maybe they should move.
After all, that is the only way they will be able to have a larger back yard.
Yep, yard envy - it's a real thing, y'all.
Gotta go before they call the city again!

No comments: