Monday, May 25, 2015

a more hopeful letter to the youngest bro



Dear Tony,

Hey! I had such a relaxing and rejuvenating trip to Daytona Beach! I had been fortunate enough to find the Thursday to Sunday spot available when I was searching a month or so ago. And it was even at my favorite place, the Daytona Beach Regency! Hooray!

While there, I saw some arthouse films at my favorite little theatre, Cinematique. And I arrived early enough on Thursday to catch Science Cafe there! I think you would have enjoyed it, too. First, we watched a PBS film, "400 Years of the Telescope". Then, a real-life astrophysicist, from the Embry-Riddle University there in Daytona, was there for an hour-long question and answer session. How very cool! I didn't even know they had a telescope there in Daytona.

On Friday, the new Single-A baseball team, the Daytona Tortugas, had Military Appreciation Night - and I got in for free! Yeah for being a veteran! It was a good game, too, against the Jupiter Hammerheads. Took 12 innings, but the Tortugas won! They're with the Cincinnati Reds. This is their first year in Daytona, replacing the Daytona Cubs. The crowd was very enthusiastic, though, for the new team. Me, too!

I spoke to Ronnie on Saturday and today. He seems to be very positive and even got his blood pressure prescription filled, Yeah!

Did I mention what I'm doing tonight? Besides mailing this card? :-)
I'm working at the Lucas for the SCAD graduation animation film fest! Woohoo! It's free, too, so I'll be back tomorrow night for Part 2. That's right, there are so many, they need 2 nights to show all of them!

See you on the 7th! Maybe not at 9 AM, but I will be there!

with my love

No comments: