Monday, July 25, 2016

lightbulb battered bug on broadway!


So, these two guys are standing around, talking.
They have both been through a harrowing evening and are a bit the worse for wear.
To lighten the mood, one shares a joke with the other.

These two guys are in the looney bin and decide to break out one night. They climb up on the roof and see, stretching off into the distance, roof after roof, leading a path to freedom.
The one guy takes a leap....
and lands safely on the adjacent roof!
But the other guy is afraid of heights and can't bring himself to jump.
"C'mon, buddy, I'll even shine a flashlight on the path between the roofs," the first man says.
"No way," replies the scared one. "I know you'll turn the light off when I'm halfway across."


The Joker then busted out laughing!
... And, though he tried gallantly to stifle his mirth, Batman joined in, laughing out loud!
And so the movie ended, two rivals in a hard-luck fairground, sharing a laugh at an old joke.

I am so very thankful that I found out about this Fathom Event!
How did I find out?
On facebook!
I was trolling along there when my friend Jason Arons posted. Then I saw a friend of his had replied about a "batman movie tomorrow night", wondering if Jason would be going...I can't tell you whether he eventually did or not, but this girlie sure did!
I double-checked the time after dinner with my first niece.
Yep, 10 PM would be just fine!
I am so grateful that this Fathom Event was so much better than the last one I attended.
I was able to hear Mark Hamill in the role he was meant to play...as the bad guy, as The Joker. I was able to hear him talk about how much the role of The Joker had meant to him over the years, from 1993's "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm", into the video game realm with 1994's "The Adventures of Batman and Robin", then truly in deeply beginning with "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" in 2000. For the past seven years, the gamers have kept voicing their approval of him as the perpetually laughing sadist, from 2009's "Batman: Arkham Asylum", into 2011's "Batman: Arkham City Lockdown", up to the third looney bin installment, "Batman: Arkham Knight", just last year.
That doesn't even touch the DC Universe games and the numerous television series on which he has "appeared" as The Joker - not even close!
And now, now my dearies, I have been treated to the lighter side of that evil character. Oh, yes, I have! In "Batman: The Killing Joke", the maladjusted brute showed off his yen for the lights of...
Broadway!!!
Heck, why did you think he bought the fairgrounds?
For the dilapidated rides and faded artwork?
No, not quite.
For the scary funhouse ride and creepy cherubs?
No, no, no!
He wanted it for the LIGHTS!!!
All of those magnificent, bright, strings and strings of LIGHTS!
I..just...LOVED it!!!
"I Go Looney" should be nominated for an Oscar as best song! How wonderful to hear how enthralled the musicians were with Mark Hamill's full-body embracing of the song! What a thrill to be able to watch him in action as he gleefully, energetically, recorded the creepy lyrics!

My thanks to Jason, for being my friend!
My thanks to Regal Cinema, for bringing this event!
And my thanks to God for leading me in that direction!

1 comment:

me! said...

Interesting analysis of the joke!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/3obe46/meaning_behind_jokers_joke_to_batman_in_the/