Thursday, August 25, 2016

on the road with the last cabaret of summer


Off I went this evening, little black dress and all!
What was the occasion?
The summertime speakeasy songfest finale!
"American Road Trip" promised a memorable cross-country vacation experience - and all we would have to do is ride along with Trae Gurley, Christopher Blair, Cecelia Arango, and Natasha Drena. You bet I was down with that!
But get this straight! For the journey along "Route 66" on the "Holiday Road" adventure, "I'm Gonna Be" anywhere except "Stuck In The Middle" of the backseat on the hump!
Hey, "Take It Easy", sweetie!
Well, I will if you promise to keep "Rockin' Me Baby"... especially if you do it nice and slow in that "Little Red Corvette" - ooh la la!
"Hit The Road Jack"! "One Way or Another" I'm getting to "Sweet Home Alabama" with "Mustang Sally"!
Whew! Finally, having seen all we could see, we were "On The Road Again" and "Cruisin' " toward the end of our "Vacation".
Ah, it was just like "Summer of '69", when we were "California Dreamin' " with our Mamas and Papas...
and I was only eleven years old...
(smile!)
What a joyous ride for my birthday:58!

No comments: