Friday, December 30, 2016

poly-fishy-puns!


As I tell my students, "poly-" is given to us by the Greeks and refers to "many", which, in some cases, simply means "more than one".
So, here are "more than one" fish-related puns, in honor of my mahi mahi dinner with the peace Guy!
These were gleaned from yesterday's newspaper's crossword puzzle.

A fishy shout from a frustrated couple?
We've haddock!

A fishy plea for mercy?
Spare the cod!

A fishy shout to a wallflower?
Don't be so koi!

What the fishy cryptologist enjoys doing?
Kraken codes!

{LOL! I especially liked that last one!
Remember: I was a spook in the Navy.}
(smile)

Now, I know you're wondering about the Jumble.
Right?
Sure you are!
And so here it is.

The cartoon drawing has two cyclists riding along a path by the beach.
One says, "I don't see any joggers. Let's take it easy."
The other replies, "I'm not pedaling."
The Jumble to solve says:
"They were headed downhill and decided to stop pedaling now that the coast was clear.

Nice - but no fish.
(smile)

No comments: