Monday, February 27, 2012

oscar night!



Last night, I mixed and mingled on the red carpet with Hollywood's magic makers. I chided Shaft for taking my seat while I was replenishing my plate with sumptuous goodies. I argued with Harry Potter about his identity - I mistook him for Snake - and lost the debate. (For future reference, besides age, the primary difference is Potter wears glasses.) I snapped quick pics of The Help and The Artist (as well as his Muse), but somehow missed a close-up with the Bridesmaid. And we all drank a champagne toast for the host and hostess with the mostest at this Fourth Annual Oscar Party, right here on the RIGHT coast.
I certainly enjoyed myself in Georgetown last night! I had been invited by my outlaw Bunny to, once again, be treated to a fine extravaganza with her coworkers and friends, and I had jumped at the opportunity. Then, yesterday morning, her back went out and she had to abstain, but she encouraged me to go - so I did. I am so glad I did, too!
I wore a sparkly sequined overlay on my purple velvet dress, finishing the ensemble with slippers of silver. Just right for mixing with Hollywood's elite! I even wore my glasses this time, prepared for the evening's activities. Trivia of Oscar, selecting the Oscar winners, find-an-Oscar-word puzzles - all with prizes for those with the most correct! I completed the puzzle, but I'm not sure how many Oscars I correctly "awarded". Still, I didn't walk away empty-handed, receiving a swag bag as I departed, as well as one for my outlaw. Woohoo!

No comments: