Monday, February 6, 2012

bunny bunny

I miss you, Sam Johnson.
I miss our conversations. We didn't talk every day, but pretty often. Sometimes by phone, mostly in person. Yeah, I know you had LOTS of talks with LOTS of folks, but I don't. Long conversations with a phone in my ear just isn't my speed, but it was a natural for you.
I miss our dinners out, especially on Thursdays. I don't know how that came to be "our" day, but it did. Sometimes we just went to Cici's and stuffed ourselves stupid with pizza. Other times, we'd go a little upscale, noshing at Applebee's or Bennigan's or Sticky Fingers. Wherever we dined, we had our own time going on, ignoring the noise from the tv and the background tunes and the folks around us. I miss those times.
I miss you, Sam Johnson.
You helped me find those islands of normal when I was floundering in the depths of lost. You were there to throw the lifeline and haul me back to land's edge when I was teetering on never and no more. You kept building bridges like a madman as the ones I thought were for forever were burning all around me.
I do so miss you, Sam Johnson.
You always had an easy smile for me, a great big hug, and love overflowing your heart.
I do so miss you.

No comments: