Thursday, February 25, 2010

ggbd


Goth Girl Blog Day. Who comes up with this stuff? Who knows? And what am i doing in this yard full of people on a bright day like today? i'm going to get a sunburn and that will NOT go well for me. Sigh. The things i do for my family.
Speaking of, they're over by the food, just out of range of this photo. i kinda like that i moved and the picture came out all fuzzy. Actually, i was banging my head up and down and my mom's bff saw me doing it and INSISTED on taking a photo. And she INSISTED on me doing it again so she could actually manage to click the little button on her little phone. Sigh. Like i said, the things i do for my family.
There is one good thing about this photo. You can't see my fingernails. Black polish is the only color i use, of course, and i go through quite a bit of it. When my nails are painted, they attract my attention and i work on them until the color is all scraped off. Actually, i take pride in very slowly peeling the polish off, revealing the milky paleness of my nails. It's a way to pass the time and it drives my mom crazy, which adds to the appeal of the peeling. You could say it's a manner of us bonding, a mother-daughter activity for us.
Speaking of which, she cannot buy nail polish for me ever again unless i go with her. She absolutely does not understand me at all. i completely ran out of polish and had to call her to pick some up on her way home from work. "Black polish, mom, just black polish," i said. What does she bring me? Neon black! omg, are you kidding me???? NEON black??? Those two words should never be linked and yet there they were on the bottle.
So i tried to be a good little punk rock goth girl. After thanking mom, i opened up the bottle, with its bright PINK top, and painted my nails. omg! It was the shiniest stuff i had ever seen... and it was BLACK. Like, falling into a deep cave BLACK. It just sucked all the light out of the room... and then threw all that light out of my fingertips. NO!!! i cannot be the goth girl of light!!!

In memory of the REAL Sam Johnson , and with thanks to Morgan for inspiring me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am a fan and am convinced it is a good thing. No matter how strange or different, count me in. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Happy GGBD 2011.
I remember.
I remember Sam.

Dave Hewitt

faustina said...

Thanks for reminding me, Dave. I had let it slip up... and almost past.
Happy GGBD 2011 to you, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm listening to Fiona Apple today. I just ate a sandwich and I'll take a nap later. I forgot to wear black but I'll dawn my black sweats when I get home.

Remember, never eat two fortune cookies on the same day.

I miss you Sam. Happy Goth Girl Blog day,

Dave Hewitt