Saturday, September 3, 2011

sign language



The sky told me "I love you" today. I was walking along the water's edge at my beloved Daytona Beach, walking away the blues from my step-dad's death. On this lovely, warm day, the sky was incredibly blue and seemed to reach out into the Milky Way for wisps of white to paint across its wide expanse.
There I am, walking alongside the ocean, trying to think of nothing, listening to the gentle song of the waves. I had been watching the tiny birds skittering in and out of my path as I, in turn, skittered in and out of the path of children's flying feet. The sun beamed down on the glittering sea, on the lifeguard stands, on me, drawing my eyes upward, upward, to enjoy the blue.
And there it was. I stopped in my tracks to take in the message, holding out my right hand to look at the image there and then back to the sky's clear vision. I looked around, sure that others must also see the love writ large - but I was the only one cognizant of the scene above our heads. I brought forth my cell phone's camera, to see if its eye could find the same image as my own. Miraculously, the air stayed gentle, allowing me to take a couple of pictures before the inevitable shifting of the canvas dispersed the lovegram from heaven.
I was able to enjoy these clouds for quite a while as I continued my walk, my spirits revived, my faith restored.
I had not forgotten those who had moved on, nor had they forgotten me.

No comments: