Tuesday, June 16, 2009

still going...



It's been a rather busy time for me, so I haven't had the time to write like I would have hoped. Still, I AM persisting, and that's the point of rising to a challenge, is it not? At a grand word count of 6100, I am now ranked 53rd in a field of 165. This was Day 16 of the challenge, so I do need to try to work in some more word counts in the next two days, before my friends from Hiram come on down. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I took a little writing interlude during their visit, but I don't know that I would be comfortable with them... or anyone at this point... possibly reading over my shoulder.

Now, I'm not saying that they would throw me off my game. When I start writing, the first few lines are hard, but then the characters move right on in and make themselves at home and I never quite know what they'll come up with next. Well, that's not exactly true, now is it? I have a really good idea of what will happen, and I'm actually a bit surprised about it. You see, well, are you familiar with the works of Harold Robbins? You know, the guy whose books all deal with sex, sex, and more sex? Well, my characters think they're in one of his novels. Only they're a bit more graphic. Yeah.

So, who's to say anyone will ever get to read this but me? Still, I am rather enjoying it. I can't wait to see what they're gonna do next!

2 comments:

HouseT said...

When I write stories, all the grown ups do is hold hands, and babies come from cabbage patches.

That, and I get a kind of ooky inside when I try to write stuff like that. Also, there's part of my subconscious that's afraid that I might actually be too good at it. :P

faustina said...

I hear you loud and clear! I have to make sure NO ONE is around when I write. Which truly begs the question: who am I writing this for? Certainly not for any of my nieces and nephews to read! Heaven forbid! But I AM enjoying the writing, so - there you go!