Wednesday, October 20, 2010

rorschach moment

Rorschach
1927, in reference to Swiss psychiatrist Hermann Rorschach (1885-1922), who developed the personality test using ink blots. The town so named on the Swiss side of Lake Constance is from an early form of German. Röhr "reeds" + Schachen "lakeside."
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper



Breathe. Breathe again, deeper and slower this time, like you mean it. Feel better? That's the power of the blue and green marble, being itself and restoring your soul along the way.

5 comments:

faustina said...

fb flashback from October 20, 2012:
"Chillin' in the office... literally... on Spirit Day, with my purple beads! Today is AASU Day and I have had SUCH fun, including a free T-shirt, pirate bag, bbq sandwich and coleslaw, and REALLY GOOD free hotdog! Maybe I'll even win a raffle!"
[Fall of my third year of teaching fulltime.]

faustina said...

fb flashback from October 24, 2010:
Robin Jenkins posted photos from her and Harry's BYOP! Lots of photos of me with Smitty and his family! I think that was my first time at the Jenkins BYOP. :-)

faustina said...

fb flashback from Oct. 15, 2010:
"I lit the night last night, as did several of my students!!! Yeah!"

faustina said...

fb flashback from Oct. 16, 2010:
"I lit the Night - and I have the tattoo to prove it! Woohoo!"
-------------------------------
Sandra Delong
tattoo?!?!
-------------------------------
Faustina Smith
Hey, girl, temp is the way to go! At least until I'm 60...
-----------------------------------
Sandra Delong
and at 60? What then?
[I used to say that at 60 I would get every tattoo I'd ever wanted. I wanted to wait until then so the wrinkles could be incorporated into the designs. I have yet to get a tattoo and I'm now 68. LOL!]

faustina said...

fb flashback from October 20, 2010:
"Dinner and a movie (RED - 'twas brillig!!!) for Harry's birthday, giving blood to the Red Cross at AASU, giving books and old movies to the Biology Dept for the AASU book sale, mailing a package to Australia, and grading papers.... what a day!"
-------------------------------------
Penny Guenther
Sounds superb, Tina! Miss you. Seems like eons.
------------------------------------------
Deborah Ray
we saw Red last night too. I do love Bruce Willis movies.
-------------------------------------------
Faustina Smith
Me, too, Deborah! Harry and I were discussing that and I listed off the people I will watch in ANYTHING - and that, of course, included Bruce, Clint Eastwood, John Malkovich, John Travolta, and Jeremy Irons.
Penny, I miss you, too! We MUST get our paths to cross!!
---------------------------------
Fae Hill Kameron
Glad to see that Red was good. I plan on going to see it this weekend.
-----------------------------------------
Faustina Smith
Hey, Fae! Let me know how you like it!
-------------------------------------------
Fae Hill Kameron (a few days later)
Loved it. You know that the cast had to have had a blast making the movie.