Thursday, January 6, 2011

here we go now (Mama's gonna worry)

Life is getting better. Slowly, but getting better.
Today, I went to the jail, in search of my driver's license. You see, when I had gone there on Sunday to visit my youngest brother, I had surrendered my license, as is the requirement for such visits. When I departed, I had retrieved what I believed to be my license... but I found out yesterday that it was most definitely NOT mine. Oh, no!
As I tend to stay a bit befuddled, post-surgery, I could not think of where it might be. Had I actually given it to a waitress and she had returned the wrong license to me? Was that at the beach? In Bluffton on Sunday? WHEN???
Then, last night, just as I was drifting into slumber, the thought materialized: Check the jail. But of course! That was the last place I KNEW I had my license. When I had left, there was a shift change or something going on and the new person must have given me the wrong license. Fine, I would go there first thing and check it out.
And so I did. And there it was. And I didn't need to spend half a day, and more money, at the Department of Motor Vehicles to get a replacement. Whew! (I had turned in the license I had erroneously received to DMV and hopefully they will send it to its rightful owner.)
With license newly restored, I felt safe to drive again. Off I went to the beach to take care of my parking citation. I had hoped the City of Tybee might credit the fine amount toward the cost of a parking permit, but, no. Nonetheless, I went ahead and purchased the permit anyway. I'm glad I did! Now, I can tool on down to Tybee anytime I want, stay however long I want, park in any lot I want, with no fear of a parking fine until after January 31st of 2012.
You bet I'm going to do just that, too.

No comments: