Wednesday, October 14, 2015

denial is not just a river in eqypt



Seriously.
I know this to be a control issue.

I have no control over my middle brother's choices or actions, but everyone he knows seems to think i do. They want me to allow him to live in my house. That's right, they think i should welcome his alcoholism, smoking, and lewdness. As long as the house is in disarray, it looks like there is no room for anyone else.
God knows i can't afford to have him here.

Again, i have no control over Ronnie's choices or actions. He has "lost" his phone for the fourth time this year. I am expected to buy a new one for him, again. I will, but i grow increasingly frustrated over this extra drag on my limited funds and time.

Again, I have no control over Ronnie's choices and actions. I have fielded text messages and phone calls and messages on facebook for the past week from friends who are concerned about him. They all want to accuse me of being uncaring about him. They do accuse my older brother of being uncaring.
We have been helping to take care of him for the past twenty years, especially since Mama died in 2001. We cannot sacrifice our lives to his choices and actions.

I have no control over my finances, as i am still only teaching part-time. I had thought i had a good part-time job set up to supplement that < $10k/year situation, but i was mistaken. I have applied elsewhere, but no word yet.

I have no control over cheating students. This semester, i have one particular student who constantly cheats. At least her partner is now trying to fly right. Still, it is a very frustrating situation.

I have no control over the choices and actions of other drivers. My poor car is now banged up on one side from a driver who ran a red light. My poor car has wreck wrap on its rear end to hold the trunk closed after a hit-and-run driver slammed into it. My poor car has only recently regained clutch action, again after damage from that hit-and-run driver.
My beautiful car once looked so good for her age.
It hurts my heart to see her this way, but i have no funds for cosmetic repairs. She moves when i need her to move and stops when i need her to stop, and those are blessings.

No comments: