Monday, November 9, 2015

that bird is not with those others


The title is a line I wrote on my phone's draft pad some time ago. I was looking at the sky, as I do, and noticed some birds. There was a group that were obviously traveling together, in a pretty tight formation. Then, there was this other lone bird, winging in the opposite direction.
At the time, I felt a kinship with that solo flyer.
I would even venture to say I've identified with that bird for most of my life.
Not that that is a bad thing!
(smile)
When I found the following card, I thought it perfect as a return note for my youngest brother's latest note.
Trust me, it really is!


Dearest Tony,

That bird is not like those others.
You know, that bird in the middle. His necktie stripe is a bit crooked and that's why the other two are looking at him.
Hahaha!

I really like the Halloween card! I take it that someone there is the artist? William Vito?
Tweety with the cat tail over his arm was a perfect tie-in with a movie I saw at the Savannah Film Festival, about a boy who had to kill cats in the barn and collect their tails for proof. Pretty gruesome stuff, but i guess that's life on a farm.
Your card was waiting in my mailbox when I got home from that movie. Nice coincidence!

The weather has cooled off again, but i have hopes it'll find its way back to warm in just a few days.

I can't believe it's only two more weeks until i see you for a belated birthday! Would Saturday or Sunday be better?

with my love!

No comments: