Thursday, March 8, 2012

dance

I want a man who loves to dance and loves to dance well.
At the Francophone Film Festival a couple of weeks ago, I had an epiphany whilst watching a Russian intrigue film. The scene was of a strayed husband trying to convince his wife of his love for her, but he wasn't using words. Oh, no. He used music. He first let the rhythm of the music move his body, catching her eyes, trying to convince her to join him. Then he takes her hand and pulls her close and their bodies are swaying to the beat, warming to each other's heat, and the words popped out of my mouth: "I want that."
I didn't mean that particular man, of course. I want a man who knows how to move and knows how to hold me and I just realized that I'm back to wanting impossible things. Seriously? How is a man supposed to know how to hold me? Really.
I do have a "brother from another mother" who does quite well with the holding me. When we hug, he holds me - "tightly" is not quite the word, "securely" is a bit off, too - until I can breathe again. At least, that's my description for it. He holds me until I soften and sigh and the world becomes warmer.
I don't necessarily "want a man with a slow hand", as the song goes, but I do want a man who can dance slowly and gracefully and move me all over the dance floor.
Maybe I need to take some dance lessons...

No comments: