Tuesday, September 16, 2014

hat trick, received and accomplished



Dear Tony,
Glad to receive your last letter! It was waiting for me when I returned from Tallahassee on Sunday. I had told the bfe on the trip that if a letter from you was in the mail, that would make a "hat trick" for me. It's a hockey term, meaning 3 goals scored successively by a single player.
Say what? What does that have to do with you?
Well, I look at it this way. I have three brothers. A hat trick requires there to be 3 things concerning a single person. Here's how this worked on Sunday. While on the backrooads of Georgia and heading home, I received a phone call from Ronnie. That was one! Then, while we were in Blackshear having dinner, I received a phone call from Smitty. That was two! That's when I told the bfe about hat tricks and that I hoped a letter from you would be waiting for me.
Then, when I arrived home, I saw I had received a letter from you! 3 contacts from 3 brothers, to me! Hat trick!
Well, of sorts. Right? maybe you have to hold your mouth just right to be able to tell.
:) ☺ (:
The trip, obviously, went well. We stayed at Penny and Steve's house and we all had lots of conversation and good times together. Aunt Linda came over on Sunday, around 11 AM, and we had sandwiches and talked a bit more. I don't think Aunt Linda really understands my friendship with the bfe, but Penny does. Steve and the bfe talked physics and that made both of them happy. And that made mea and Penny happy!
Their sons, Jacob and Alex, are 14 and 11 now. Aunt Linda was there to also help tutor Alex before his math test this week.
Okay, it's getting pretty late, kid, so I think I'm going to bed now.
Sweet dreams to you!
(That happens to be one of my favorite things that the bfe says.)
with my love!

***** ***** *****

So, that letter completes the third "goal" for me today, making my hat trick of appreciation complete.
The first goal was accomplished this afternoon, for my middle brother. His phone will now be active for sending and receiving phone calls for the next thirty days.
The second goal wasn't accomplished until late this evening. That was for the benefit of my oldest little brother, Smitty. For him, I filed his sales tax report for August, after spending three hours getting the data for it and reconciling the numbers yesterday.
Then, as I said, I wrote to my youngest brother, sending him love and much talk of hat tricks.
As Penny once said to Sheldon on that physics show I enjoy so very much, "Oh my God, you're about to jibber-jabber about jibber-jabber."
And I did.
(smile)

Pretty cool that I accomplished my hat trick for my brothers in the same order in which I had received the communications from them on Sunday.
Pretty cool.

No comments: