Sunday, August 23, 2015

poison i-i-i-vy


Hey, Dood!

I thank you for the photo of us! very nice! I'll try to get a copy this week so you can have it, too.

I'm so glad you have work that keeps your mind and hands busy. What a blessing! I wish I could see that taser cabinet you made - it sounds like a work of art and love. You are so talented with carpentry! I remember that swing you made for Mama and how much she had enjoyed it. Hard to believe how long ago that was.

On Thursday, I went to the VA Clinic about my poison ivy. I had worked in the yard last Saturday and NOT covered up my arms or legs. I did wear my gloves, but it was too hot to wear long pants and long sleeves.



By Wednesday, the wreck on my left arm had spread across my belly and right arm and left leg. Both legs were already pretty scratched up from the blackberry brambles and sticker vines. It's been a real trial, but it's getting better now, since I was put on Zyrtec (daytime), Benadryl (at night), and a 14-day regimen of Prednisone. That's not including the steroid shot they gave me there, or the Calamine lotion and hydrocortisone cream to use as needed. At least the itch is gone - mostly.

School began on the 17th. The students seem to be settling in quite well so far. I'll give them their first test on the 31st.

The Sand Gnats' season is drawing to a close. There's a doubleheader today, due to the rain-out yesterday. If they win both games, they'll have 19 games in this winning streak! G, Gnats!

with my love

16 comments:

nephew Zach said...



Zachary Smith
August 21 at 6:00pm

Dam. Wish I was there to help. Hope that you get better.

lunch lady Marcia said...



Marcia Kaizer
August 21 at 6:08pm

Yikes!

outlaw Bunny said...



Bunny Jones Roberts
August 21 at 6:12pm

Oh no! I feel for you.

Kathy H said...



Kathy Hodges
August 21 at 6:19pm

Oh dear

buona Kate said...



Kate Strickland
August 21 at 6:22pm

Oh no!!!

LA Hallie said...



Hallie Henry Allgood
August 21 at 6:46pm

My dermatologist gave me a gel for the itching. Kept it in the fridge! Hope yours is better soon! Try an oatmeal bath!

writer Pat said...



Pat Andres
August 21 at 7:09pm

Holy moley, Girlfriend, stop that!

cousin Robbie said...


Robbie Prouty Rush
August 21 at 7:58pm


Sending prayers

beautiful JinHi said...



JinHi Soucy Rand
August 21 at 7:59pm

Oh, Honey! Poor kid! Sending you love and calamine angels!

outlaw Bunny's man said...



Steve Roberts
August 21 at 8:02pm

Call me Tina. It doesn't affect me at all. I'll come get rid of it for you

David said...



David A Lindsey Jr
August 21 at 9:55pm

Goats eat poison ivy. Find someone with a goat

Aunt Barbara said...



Barbara Narcarti
August 21 at 9:57pm

Sorry to hear about this ordeal but hey,a lot of less work for you to have to do!!

TX Lorrie said...



Lorretta Ruggiero
August 22 at 12:56am

Oh no! Bobby and I both have had some bad dealings with Poison Ivy, but nothing like that. It is some toxic stuff. Hope you feel better, soon!

Nana Venita said...



David Johnson
August 23 at 6:38pm

Hope u feel better. Soon Venita

the bfe said...

Jeff Secrest
August 21, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your poison ivy episode. :(
But guess what?
I'm on prednisone right now also!
We're Prednisone buddies!

Aunt Linda said...

Linda L. Walker
August 24 at 8:45pm

Bob was extremely allergic to it and a Boy Scout once handed him some when working on plant identification. Hope you're better soon and glad you got the help.