Wednesday, August 5, 2015

NEVER disengage from a 911 call until help arrives


I have been in tears for most of the day.
One person after another has had bad news for me, all day long. One after another, the people I called upon for aid, the people in charge, had no help for me.
The Police Reports division had told me this morning they had no record of the report being filed by Officer Powell. Several calls later, Sargeant Cleveland Lovett had determined that the report had, indeed, been filed on Monday evening, just as Officer Powell had said he would do. However, though filed, the report had been lost within the software program ("GEARS world", as the Sargeant called it) they use for reporting. I was told that there is nothing more to be done until they can speak with the software representative in the morning, a person who will hopefully be able to retrieve the report, a person who has had to do this several times for the police department.
That means my insurance company can do nothing for me at this time. Until GEICO has the Police Report, they cannot arrange for an appraiser, for a rental car, for nothing to help me.
The call about the 911 operator not dispatching help to me? Well, it took two hours to be resolved. And when the resolution did finally arrive, it was in the form of an accusation of my actions. That's what I was told by Judy Miller, the one in charge of complaints about 911 operators.
I posted her advice on facebook, to enlighten the world.

To one and all: NEVER disengage from a 911 call until help has arrived.
Got that?
It was MY FAULT for trusting that help was on the way.
So, NEVER let that happen to you.
Thank God I wasn't having a heart attack.


The rallying round of my friends and family has been reassuring.
I'm even going to dinner and to see "The Phantom Lady" at the Sentient Bean tonight, courtesy of my dear friend the librarian.
That doesn't mean I'm over all of the hurt bestowed upon me today by people who are supposed to have my best interests in mind.
The police department.
The 911 system.
The insurance company.
I may consciously admit that they are doing what they can, but my heart and psyche are bruised and broken.

Responses from those who know and love me have helped.
I'm including them in the body of this post, instead of as comments afterward.
I need them right here.
The bfe will know what that means.


Marguerite Dismukes Fischer Are you okay?
August 5 at 6:19pm

Faustina Smith I don't seem to have any wounds that show. My heart and psyche are terribly bruised from the whole ordeal. I cry every time I talk on the phone to yet another person who SHOULD be helping, but is instead BLAMING ME or passing the buck. Very disheartening.
August 5 at 6:25pm

Megan Dunphy Rakaric I'm sorry you are having such a terrible time with this. I wish I could help somehow...
August 5 at 6:38pm

Faustina Smith Prayer is good. I am truly having a crisis in faith right now.
August 5 at 6:40pm

Jackie Frant Is this still the yesterday accident. Or has something new been brewing?
August 5 at 7:09pm

Faustina Smith same one
August 6 at 1:33pm

William Peterson "Lots of people claim to be loyal and loving, but where on earth can you find one?"
~ Proverbs 20:6 So sorry you are going through this. Sometimes life presents challenges that are difficult to understand.

August 5 at 7:14pm

Faustina Smith Thanks for the phone call.
August 6 at 1:34pm

Pat Andres Sending good vibes.
August 5 at 7:55pm

Juliet Fabbri Withem trust me Faustina, it is not like that everywhere. And don't feel bad; we've called in shots fired, identified ourselves as the police and we don't get police contact either. "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.."
August 5 at 8:14pm

Hema Kaviratna I am so sorry Tina. Remember what doesn't kill you makes...
August 5 at 8:40pm

Jennifer Cohen Incorvaia Praying for you. Let me know how I can help.
August 5 at 10:44pm

Lindsay McCord Norman I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope they find the person so justice can be properly served.
August 5 at 11:06pm

Linda L. Walker Please le me know what is the matter and if you need me to come.
August 5 at 11:09pm

Sandra Voelker Sorry you are in such a sucky situation (((hug)))
August 5 at 11:21pm

Rachel Strickland Sending you hugs from afar to heal
August 6 at 12:57am

JinHi Soucy Rand I am so sorry you are getting such shit from those people, Tina. Know that I love you and am so glad you were not more seriously hurt, and I know that you are right in this matter.
August 6 at 1:07am

Penny Walker Bos Lovelovelove YOU
August 6 at 9:25am

Faustina Smith Thanks, y'all. I have uploaded the police report to my claim, but it may yet be another few hours until anything happens. Officer Powell delivered it to my door.
August 6 at 1:36pm

Faustina Smith Many thanks for Kristin Stout for being my knight in shining armor last night. I very much enjoyed dinner and a movie with you and your family and having a chance for some time with your bouncing - literally- baby boy.
August 6 at 1:38pm

Kristin Stout Thank you for the awesome company!
August 6 at 1:41pm

Faustina Smith My thanks, also, to Axelle Kieffer, Jordan Mooney, Jim Reed, Teri Lowery, and Carolyn for getting me out of my head last night and making sure I got home safely. Y'all are fabulous!
August 6 at 1:40pm

No comments: