Saturday, December 27, 2008

gifts

I am so blessed! Today, I received a link to a photo album from my family in San Diego. Wow! I could just HEAR the shredding of paper and shrieks of happiness from their children!!! Christmas is magical for such little children: they go to bed and the next morning, they find presents galore awaiting their eager fingers. Presents they didn't even know they wanted, gifts to delight and overwhelm the senses. The children, ages 6 11/12, 6 1/12, and 3 5/12 (she'd want her 12ths, too!), are still very much believers in Santa Claus, and I hope they continue to be for years. I still believe, most of the time, though life can sure put that faith to the test sometimes. Santa Claus represents the giving side of humanity, the loving side, the wanting to share what one has with those dear to you, to make sure they know they hold your heart. But Santa Claus also represents the forgiving side, the part that allows one to overlook the transgressions during the year in favor of the moment. The side that knows who's been naughty or nice, yet has gifts for all, whether a lump of coal or a sparkling jewel.. or simply a word of forgiveness.

No comments: