Friday, December 26, 2008

refreshed

Ahhhhhh... well worth the trip! Waking up at Mystic Dunes on Christmas Day was marvelous. No need to be any particular place at any particular time. No one needing me to do anything for them. No, indeed, the day was all about ME. Nice! I went to the pool, I watched new movies, I ate garlic cheese spread with fresh sourdough bread (yum, even if it wasn't lactose free!). I debated on whether I wanted to go to Sea World (nope) or Universal Studios (nope) or Arabian Nights (still nope, though it was a tough call). Actually, I did nothing that required me to use the car, which still left plenty available. The steak house (Kenzie's) at the clubhouse was very nice and just down the hill from the 2-bedroom condo I had. The clubhouse also had pool tables (yeah!) and air hockey (I can do that!) and video games and a bar (with lovely margaritas). Good fun with folks vacationing just like me.

The drive back to Savannah was at my own pace, stopping as I saw fit and not at the frantic pace of Wednesday night. No, I made a detour to Daytona Beach to have sushi at my favorite place there... Alas, 'twas not to be! The place was closed for remodeling. Publix to the rescue! Then, after lunch, I decided to stay on the A1A for a while, enjoying the blue skies and warm air and leisurely pace. Watching the ever-cresting breakers off to my right as the palmetto-dotted dunes reached for me and the saltspray-laden air engulfed my senses. Oh, yeah, I could drive like that forever. Truly.

And now I'm home again and that's a good thing, too. I'm refreshed, I'm ready to see and be seen... and the email will wait for another day.

No comments: