Thursday, September 3, 2009

melding






On this Eve of my departure for my second-ever Dragon*Con, I have spent the last few hours putting together packages of memories. Yes, tomorrow, I leave to attend an incredible conglomeration of science, fantasy, and science fiction, from films to comic books to works of fiction throughout the years. This time, I will again attend with my best friend's teenaged children, as I did last year when we all had our virgin encounter with this wondrous beast. We will attend in memory of our guide, Sam "Blaxstone" Johnson, aka the Fickle Fat Fudge Fiend. His enthusiasm and love of the show fueled our own, encouraging us to participate in the story tale unfolding before us.
Some few weeks ago, I had received the tribute dvd, shown above, created by Sam's niece. I finally found a program which allowed me to make duplicate dvds, sans the fancy cd label, and have created six for Sam's friends scattered around the world. Literally. Although most will go to homes in the States, one will travel to Australia, to a woman for whom Sam almost forsook us. It occurred to me that the timing was perfect. As I am venturing off to create new memories, I am sharing old memories with friends far and near. My planets of my irregular galaxy must be aligning...