Sunday, September 6, 2009

point of view

The sound of a steady rain, gently washing my part of the world clean as I fall asleep. The taste of peach cobbler made the way my Mama made it. These are things that money cannot buy. Such was the theme of last week's philosophy discussion: "Things Money Cannot Buy." And I interpreted that to mean things that bring pleasure to us in the here and now. Tangible things, you understand.
I seem to have been almost alone in that interpretation. For most everybody else, the topic was centered on intangibles. Memories. Peace of mind. Contentment. A sense of self.
I guess it all depends on your perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Μy familу mеmberѕ alωaуs say that ӏ аm wasting mу time hеге at web, еxсерt I know I аm gettіng experiencе daily by reаding ѕuch goοd postѕ.
Thank you.
J