Tuesday, November 27, 2012

wild sod

As you are aware by now, some of the in-print conversations (mini-letters, or "texts") between my bfe and myself are quite entertaining, and certainly worth saving to savor again. (And if I had a phone with limitless memory for such, then those bits would not find their way here, as I would be able to enjoy them over and over for my sole amusement. So, three cheers for outdated phone technology!) Very interesting tangents, arching up to the blue, blue sky, at times!
Here's one such, so enjoy!

me: Yo, home fry? wanna dine wit me 2nite? maybe Thai or Indian?
bfe: I think I will pass on today but maybe we can do some Thai in the near near future?
me: So i have to forego Nam Sod this evening? oh no! but, i will try to be strong...
bfe: Were you in the muck back in 'nam? The VC were everywhere... you were patrolling the ho chi Minh trail... caught in a fire fight. You have nightmares to this day.
me: Not THAT kind of sod!
me: But i must admire the tangent!
bfe: Oh, I thought your platoon was hit and 2nd Lt Vince Lancing went missing. You guys searched all over- no man left behind... but he was MIA.
bfe: Damn VC.
me: :) silly-assed Vince. he always made me smile with his crooked moons.
bfe: I recall your stories of the tete offensive. Absolutely horrifying.
bfe: Some call it a conflict, you and your buddies called it a war. We will never forget.
bfe: What's really bad ass... you were 9 years old.
me: hahaha! thats what made Vince so special! he was always trying to "make the kid smile"!
bfe: ha ha!

Ain't it glorious??? You betcha!

No comments: