Wednesday, April 14, 2010

chocolate words of wisdom

Lately, I've been enjoying a piece or two of dark chocolate before bed. (Note that I said "before bed" as opposed to "in bed", for those who know my singing bird.)
Anywho, a dear friend here in town introduced me to the joy of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. At only 41 little calories per glorious piece, they're a nice little treat before bedtime, just a little something to signal the day's end.
One of the perks of this treat is this: there's a little saying on the inside of the wrapper. It's almost like getting a fortune cookie! When I first started eating these fine chocolates about three years ago, the sayings were all supplied by Dove. Not so anymore! At some time between the last bag of chocolates (sadly, a few months have elapsed in my chocolate ingestion!) and the ones purchased just a couple of weeks ago, a big change had occurred. Dove now has sayings from women all over the USA. Well, perhaps I generalize, perhaps not. This far, I have only seen women's names and have only seen cities and states in this part of North America. What a surprise! The bag has nothing to indicate the change in origin of the sayings, not a word. So, either this change occurred long enough ago that it is no longer noteworthy or I have missed something in the fine print.
With no further ado, here are a few of my favorites:
"Dance like no one is watching." Sally, Locke, NY I am a firm believer in the power of dance to free one's soul. As I have said many times, dancing is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!
"Here's to something more powerful than chocolate. Hope." Leah, New York, NY Another one that I live by. If ever I lose hope, that thing with feathers that perches in my soul, then I have truly lost myself.
"Keep moving forward; don't look back." Sally, Griffith, IN You can't do anything about what happened in the past. At worst, you learn from it and move on. At best, you enjoy the memory of a golden time!
"Blessings only come to those who notice." Jean, Houston, TX Tiny little miracles occur every day - EVERY DAY - just waiting for you to look outside yourself and see them. My latest passion is taking pictures of clouds, for every formation is different and unique and never to be repeated.
"When you can't control the wind, adjust your sails." Brenda, Schofield, WI What better way to end a day at the beach?

No comments: