Thursday, April 5, 2012

boys, boys, boys!

Tonight was good! I spent time with boys of summer, boys of science, and boys of Snow White, and we had SUCH fun!
The Sand Gnats have at last swarmed home for their first home game tonight. The weather had threatened rain and I had half-hoped it might, as I had other plans waiting in the wings - and, assuredly, rain did come during the game. My Boys of Summer were playing in front of a fairly large and loud crowd, but their opponents managed to score in their first at-bat. The rain came, delaying the game, then play resumed, but, as a friend pointed out to me, I just wasn't "feeling" it. So I left at the top of the third, almost 8 PM.
What fortune! I raced home, to be greeted enthusiastically by my boys of science on The Big Bang Theory. I had seen the promotional spots for the past week, announcing the visit of renowned physicist Stephen Hawking to the show, and I had lamented that I would have to wait for the episode to re-air as I would miss it. But I did not! Jolly good! I completely enjoyed the company of Howard and Bernadette, and Leonard and Penny, and Sheldon, and Raj - all nerds like me, even the cheesecake-slinging hopeful-actress!
What to do next??? In case you haven't noticed, I like trios, most particularly in my writing. So, I had two groups of boys, what to do about another? Well, it was officially too late to join my group of friends downtown, so I turned to my other love: cinema. Ah, the movies - I can almost always find what I need there. And so I did! I was in search of a tale involving a group of males, preferably a tale of mirth, and "Mirror Mirror" certainly delivered on all counts! A refashioning of the well-known story of Snow White and her seven dwarves, the movie was full of fresh humor and twists - and, it had a Bollywood-type ending! Splendid way to wrap up an evening, splendid, I say!

No comments: