Thursday, January 16, 2014

worlds colliding, jerry, worlds colliding!


(Above photo is titled "The Colliding Spiral Galaxies of Arp 271".)

Last night, I felt like George Costanza did on one episode of "Seinfeld". As I recall, George was having a rare run of luck and had two girlfriends and there was imminent danger of them running into each other. Oh, but wait! With GoodSearch, I have found the very episode, the entire script! How cool is that?
So it turns out the problem was this: George is in a relationship with a woman who has not yet met his friends. His concern in the episode was that if Susan, the girlfriend, started hanging out with the gang, Relationship George would kill the fun-loving Independent George. It was a funny episode! Look for "The Pool Guy".
Thank God that is not the issue here!
No, it's a bit quirky, really. Two of the three Jeffs in my life were both texting me at the same time.
I'm absolutely serious.
It was wild!
If not for the totally different trains of thought, I don't know that I would have been able to keep up with which one was getting, or sending, which texts.
Of course, if either had bothered to call me instead of the texting, then the issue wouldn't have arisen at all.
I guess I should accept the fact that more people in my life text than talk with their phones these days. My friend Roy actually called me this morning (about a party!) and we were discussing this lack of voice communication, even amongst us "older" (i.e., past the age of 30) folks.
With no further ado, here is last night's trialogue, so you can share in the surreality of it all.
Enjoy!


15 Jan, Wednesday, juggling 2 Jeffs, simultaneously, as of 10:16 pm:

ex: I just got a letter from the cardio doctor - test results "satisfactory"!
me: That is VERY good!
ex: I'll call the GO doctor tomorrow and see what he says.
bfe: Hey you wanna go see Harvey? That would be awesome! You wanna do movie + dinner? Let me know...
me: Yes to both! i very much like that movie AND Jimmy Stewart.
me: Thats good, Jeff. I do appreciate you keeping me posted. I don't know if I can be of much help but i will gladly give moral support!
bfe: You know my mom used to watch that movie when I was a little kid. She liked that movie and "the ghost and mrs muir".
ex: Thank you dear.
bfe: I remember watching those two movies so much. That's nice.
me: It really is. :-)
me: Any time. Really. I hope the surgeon will agree and things will move along now.
ex: I know :-)
bfe: Ok so Harvey is on! :) I'm looking forward to this!
ex: I'm not looking forward to being on my ass for 2 weeks.
me: me too!!
me: Not with that surgery. Don't you recall the four little scars I have?
ex: Yes but other people I'm talking to who also had this surgery said they were out of work for 2 weeks.
bfe: Sweet! let's do like sakuraras? Before the film? I have been itchin to go back there.
me: beautiful idea! i haven't been there in ages!
me: That's wild. It isn't being done with a robot is it? make sure your doc is not using robots.
bfe: Awesome possum!
ex: He didn't mention the robot just a laparoscopic. Do the robots suck?
me: You crazy cat man...
me: Yes. From all i have read, the robots have not been that reliable and have turned short surgeries into lengthy ones and caused physical damage.
ex: F*k.
me: But the laparoscopic is what i had. Very safe and quick recovery. Some folks are wimps though.
bfe: :) a friend of mine posted a video game online called cat-eral damage, it seemed cute. I look forward to seeing this on the "big" screen.
ex: I remember. You were out in less than 24 hours.
me: I think it was day surgery.
ex: Yeah but we took you in the night before I seem to recall.
me: I thought we went in early in the morn. Beats me. It was six years ago.
ex: yeah, ask me what I had for breakfast that day.
me: What did you have? :-)
ex: Coffee and biscotto, like every day :-)
me: Riiight..how could i ever forget THAT? :)
ex: I can count on one hand how many biscotti I've had since then. A double chocolate one in downtown Chicago. One made with real pumpkin string in Traverse City.
me: Have to cut this short but i have the fasting blood work for my annual exam early in the morn. Catch you on the B-side!
ex: Goodnight dear.
me: Happy dreams to you. Love you.
ex: Love you too.

No comments: