Tuesday, January 28, 2014

nice lunch! nicer dinner!


Today, the university treated me to a free lunch. Well, actually, they had invited me, and 49 others, for the Estate Planning Seminar, as I am on the list of alumni who have expressed an interest in leaving some money to the school.
The lunch was very nice: moist pork loin topped with mushroom gravy, roasted new potatoes, crisp salad greens with some yum dressing... and lemon cake. I made sure to eat my cake with my meal, as pork likes a little sweet, and sweet with a bite is even better!
Afterward, I went home and settled in for the ice storm to come.
Brrr!
For my pre-storm dinner, I decided to open up a bottle which had been languishing in the wine rack for a year.
Which bottle, you ask?
Yes, I am aware that I have several bought in December of 2012 for a flight with the bfe - a flight which has, sadly, remained grounded.
Very well!
San Sebastian's Rosa would dine with me, to remind me of sunshine!
And there would be no soup tonight, oh, no!
This fine wine calls for
a much nicer meal than that!
Time to saute that aging asparagus
with a little evoo.
Then to combine flaked salmon
with petite diced tomatoes
and capers and allow the flavors to meld in the oven while the corkscrew pasta becomes al dente.
And here it is, a meal fit for a queen!
Then to watch a little Matthew Broderick in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - I do so enjoy that movie!
Hey! I may even make it a Broderick mini-film fest! I could watch "Ladyhawke" afterward!
Nice plan for a stay at home evening!

No comments: