Monday, March 2, 2009

a new beach

I'm exploring new beaches now. Time for new adventures to stir my soul, to awaken my mind, to bring me to life. Next weekend, I'll be off to Charleston, to visit beaches I have never set foot on. Sure, I've been to Charleston plenty of times - but I've never been to even one of the beaches there. I've been downtown at various restaurants and shops, at various times of the day and night. I've been to the Joe P. Riley Stadium for baseball games, to watch my boys of summer pit themselves against others. I've even been to the Coliseum for hockey games featuring the South Carolina Stingrays!

But I have not gone to Folly Beach, regarded as the best beach in South Carolina, and dipped my toes in the water and watched the sun sink toward the horizon. Nor have I been to Isle of Palms, which sounds like a paradise transported from the Gulf, with white sugary sands and clear blue water - though that is probably not the case. How would I know? I haven't been there, though I did consider going there for part of the Lowcountry Blues Bash early on in February. And then there's Bulls Island, accessed by ferry, part of a national wildlife refuge, home of the rare red wolf. What color is the water there, what shells and other treasures wash up on its shores?

Adventures await... and I eagerly go!

2 comments:

A said...

Waiting to hear more!

HouseT said...

Woo! Go, adventure!