Friday, August 24, 2012

these dreams...

... And this one wasn't even mine.
My First Niece sent me the following texts at 5:55 this morning.

"I just awoke from a strange dream.
About you and me and Grammy.
You & I went to a movie and we fell asleep outside of a downtown bar afterwards.
Grammy called & woke me up. (the time in my dream was only off by 6 minutes.)
She said I needed to come get her from the bar.
It was the same one we were outside of.
You went in to get her while I put my shoes on.
We all sat down at one of the tables to talk.
Then I woke up."

When I woke up and saw her message, I responded with a question about the name of the bar.

"I don't know, I never saw the name of it.
It was on the corner of Whitaker.
And the road was cobblestone.
I don't think that corner is real."

Instantly, a bar I have been in several times came to mind and I asked whether she thought it might be the one, even though it was not on THAT street.
But it DOES have little tables outside.
And it IS on a cobblestone street, but on Drayton.

"What I remember of the dream the location Grammy gave was not correct based on the street signs.
I can't remember what they said though.
There was a lazy boy out front. LOL."

A guy lolling around, I asked.

"No, LOL! The piece of furniture."

And I thought to myself: what an odd way to start my day.

No comments: