Saturday, December 22, 2012

new year's day!

Today is the first day of my new AD year! Last night, I had celebrated by attending a party in a nearby town. I had never been to such a party as this; a new adventure! I had called the hostess to make sure my presence would be welcomed (an emphatic YES!) and to get directions, then logged her phone number in "just in case." And off I went!
I had resolved not to drink alcohol there, even though my hostess graciously invited me to stay overnight. This Saturday, today, would be my last day at the DBR and I wanted to spend a leisurely day at my suite by the sea. No worries! The hostess had lots of sodas and juices and waters, and I was not the only abstainer.
And such a wonderful party it was! Lots of camaraderie, lots of playing pool, lots of dancing! And we were each and everyone of us there to have a good time! Even better! I met some folks I've now "friended" and look forward to seeing them again in the near future. The hostess has these parties every third Friday of a month, so I will have ample opportunity to share the company of these partiers again. Maybe not in January, maybe so, but definitely sometime in the coming year!
What kind of party? Well, let's just say it was a nudist party with a twist.
Once upon a time, while I was at school in Florida, I was dating a nudist - and I found I had an affinity for the lifestyle. It's quite freeing to just be in your own skin. There was a private lake that his club had access to and we would be there about once a month for a day in the sun, sans clothing. Very casual, very relaxing.
Well, last night's party was definitely clothing optional. If only a warm stretch of water had been around! But, instead, there were warmed wax massages - and THAT was AMAZING. Seriously. A M A Z I N G! And the gentleman giving those massages was so very talented with his touch and the wax had a calming eucalyptus scent and the temperature was the same as for thermatherapy (about 17 degrees warmer than body temperautre). Soooooo verrryyy relaxing, and warm, and left me feeling absolutely cherished. What a fabulous way to end a year!
And now, today, I am having a last, leisurely day by the Atlantic Ocean. After getting in after 3 AM, I woke seven hours later, refreshed and still smiling from the night before. Ahhhh! Time to start finishing off the refrigerated foods, so lots of cantaloupe and blueberries and scrambled eggs to attend my coffee. Yum! Then to wash my few clothes - just one load, mix it all together! Done!
Later, I went to Ocean Walk for a movie ("This is 40"), complete with popcorn and soda, of course. That's "lunch", thank you!
Then I strolled the beach. A nice long walk on the beach and, oddly, my first since my arrival. Far too chilly to actually get in the water, but still quite warm in the afternoon sun. And a very mixed bag of folks on the beach. Some, like me, all bundles up against the chill wind. Others in wetsuits for surfing the meager waves. And some, definitely not from around here, clad in T-shirts and shorts, dipping in and out of the water.
Now, it's time to settle in for the evening, as I have an early start tomorrow. Saute the zucchini and onions and squash with some grilled chicken... add a little penne... yum! Bye for now, y'all!


No comments: