Monday, April 6, 2015

better living through volunteering


Dear Tony,

Whew! What a busy couple of weeks I've had! The Savannah Music Festival ended on Saturday night.
By that time, I'd worked for 14 of the 17 days!
Incredible!
I had seen 21 shows, worth a total of $917.
Incredible!
I've heard music from Italy, Ukraine, Brazil, South Africa, France, and nearly every state in the USA! Well, that last part may be stretching it a bit - but not if you include all the states that the various band members were from... and I am! :-)
You know, writing this to you is the first time I've sat down and calculated the worth of my volunteer work. $900 in two weeks for part-time is pretty good money.*
And it was fun, too!
And I met so many new people!
Saturday, I had asked on facebook what to do with my time now that the Music Festival was over.
One of my buddies (Jim Casey) said, "Trick question? The Sand Gnats season starts next week."
Yep, he's absolutely right. The problem is, the first home game isn't until the week after that. Yep, the boys are starting late this year, April 16th. Hopefully that means the nights won't be so cold out there!

with my love!

*if I were to have received the money instead if the free music - but no taxes to pay on the music! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Savannah Music Festival 2015 said...

Thank you for making the 2015 season of the
Savannah Music Festival a success!

As a result of your participation on SMF’s hard-working team, the talent of many
distinguished musicians, and the enthusiasm of audiences, this year’s festival filled
downtown Savannah with a sense of celebration and world-class artistry.
Thank you for helping to make SMF's 2015 season possible.

We truly could not do what we do without your involvement.
Thank you again for your support this season—we greatly appreciate it!
Hope to see you again next year for SMF 2016: March 24-April 9, 2016!