Saturday, April 11, 2015

of hotdogs and baseball in the air


Here's hoping Thursday will be dry.
The weather, that is.
The stadium certainly will not be!
Unless, of course, the skies fall.
Then Thursday will be wet.
Let's hope not!
This was Fan Appreciation Day for the Sand Gnats.
They had their first game last Thursday, but not here.
Our first home game will be this Thursday.
I hope.
Unless we have heavy rains.


With a hopeful heart, I picked up the season ticket holder package, which I am splitting with my artist friend, Bill. Last year, I had given him his very own package, but I simply did not have the funds to splurge this year. I have already promised him all of the Thursday night games, as well as those on Mondays and Wednesdays this month, while the semester winds down.
To make sure of an equitable split of the season tickets, I also spent the $25 for me to be a Sand Gnats Silver Slugger. In return, I have thirteen tickets to various games, mostly on Sundays and Tuesdays. So, for those games, I gave the season tickets to Bill, so we can both go together. That will be nice!
Then I gave him all of the Monday games. Mondays are the Kroger discount days, so I can get in for just a buck. (He can, too, then allow those tickets to be exchanged for another game. One of the great benefits of season tickets!)
After the split was done, I counted the tickets he was receiving.
Thirty-five.
Exactly half!
Very nice!
The season ticket holder T-shirt, shown above?
That's for the man who's living large!
Me? I have a snazzy, blue, Silver Sluggers T-shirt!

My brother. Ronnie?
I didn't forget about him!
He got two hot dogs,
a bag of tasty chips,
and a bottle of cold water.
After I had dined at the stadium,
I grabbed a "to go" plate
and went in search of him.
He and Sue Crow were sitting outside Barbara's furniture store, having a smoke and enjoying the breeze.
I joined them, too, for about an hour, chatting and catching up.
It's been a really wonderful day!

1 comment:

Bill said...

William Peterson
April 12 at 8:54am

Thank you! Looking so forward to BASEBALL!