Friday, January 15, 2016

casting my (odd) lot with my first niece!


This was a special Friday edition of Odd Lot - hooray!
Sandy and Barbara and I were already lined up to go, so for sure I was going!
Then my first niece texted me: Was I coming to the Muse?
Yes, yes, I was!
I sat with her and Amanda, her colleague from TVR.
Why was Odd Lot having this special session?
Two reasons, actually. First, it was Jessica Savannah's birthday! (She's beloved for laughing louder than me!) Second, it was a fundraiser for SWAHT, a cause dear to her heart.
Me?
I was there to have fun on a Friday night con mis amigas!
When Jason Arons, acting as emcee, called for a volunteer for "Sound Effects", I looked around to see if one of the young ones might want to participate. Nope! No takers anywhere, it seemed. So, when he caught my eye again, up I jumped!
The scene? A boat on the ocean.
Coolness!
I made seagull squawks, fog horn moans, telephone trills, and "Wah-wah-wah Wah-wah" voice on the other line ramblings! Thanks, Thomas and Lynita for playing along!
After a few more skits, the call again went out for volunteers to participate.

The skit this time was
"Moving Statues".
Bless Pete if Christina Ann didn't jump up to take part!
Hooray!
Here she is, making Lynita
do her bidding!
What fun!

When the emcee asked for
"Kill Shot" participants,
he got the birthday girl,
another woman, and...
that first niece of mine!
Good for her!!!
I didn't even have to urge
her that time!
(smile)


Seriously, life is so much more fun when you participate instead of waiting to be entertained.
Try it sometime!

No comments: