Sunday, January 24, 2016

spamalot, y'all!



Yes, deliberately with a blue tinge!
Advertised for audiences 13 and older to avoid offending those who object to "shit", "ass", and fart jokes!
Hahahaha haha!
What a total blast!
I've made sure to invite everyone I know who love Monty Python to this show! I've even invited folks who just need a good laugh!
The Savannah Children's Theatre have hosted this fabulous production of "Monty Python's Spamalot"! Hooray! They saved me the trip to New York City to see it!
Ever since I first heard about the Broadway show, I have so-o-o-o wanted to see it!
Then, last year, John Cleese was here in town and I was unable to go to see him. Oh! So sad!
But I did get to see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" as well as "Life of Brian"! Yes, I did, on that glorious silver screen at the Lucas!
Based on "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", this musical was incredibly funny! I can certainly understand why it won a Tony!
And the cast?
WOW!
I think I'm in love with Les Taylor and Chris Bass! They were King Arthur and Sir Galahad, respectively, and I cannot imagine the play with better-suited Pythonesque talent!
Now then, before you think I'm talking about kids, think again! This is a "mainstage production", so the cast is a mix of ages. The two fellows who caught my eye are probably my age or older. Fair game, I say!
(smile!)
I do hope to see them again before the show leaves.
Ooh la la!

No comments: