Monday, January 25, 2016

new year, new letter 2 tony!



January 23, 2016

Dear Tony,

Hey! Got your letter yesterday!
School has been keeping me very busy! Sadly, I found out the pay is about half what I had expected - ouch. Still, everyone there has been very helpful and they even boosted my pay by $1000 to help me out. Meanwhile, I'll have to wait until the end of February to get my first check from either school. Dagnabbit!


January 25, 2016

I'm baaackk!
Didja miss me? :-)
These past two weekends have been so busy with film festivals!
The weekend of the 16th and 17th was Strange But True Documentary Film Festival. Strange But True they were!
There was one about a hillbilly tapdancer who had been on "Roseanne" back in 1994!
There was one about racecar driver and designer Mickey Thompson!
There was even one about a painter who went to sea in a 12 1/2-foot boat that he made himself! He never returned, of course, but his boat eventually washed up.
The rock band Thor even had a documentary!
Overall, very good film fest!

This weekend was the Telluride Mountainfilm on Tour Savannah Film Festival!
Lots of films about snow skiing, surfing, skateboarding, and other sports!
One of my favorites was about a skateboarding cat - fun!
Also, the one about the one-legged skier - amazing!

Okay, it's Monday and I need to move my silly self towards school stuff.
later!

Stay warm! I had frost on the ground today!

with my love!

No comments: