Friday, June 21, 2013

under the sea, in an octopus' garden

Baby octopus in seaweed salad???
Well, not this time. I have had that combination, once upon a time, at a now-extinct Yoshi's. Once was quite enough. It struck me as a rather gruesome experience, but, hey, to each their own, right?
Still, I have honestly earned the right to say that I don't like eating baby octopus. Partly, I don't like the feeling of it in my mouth, but mostly, I think, I don't like it because it's baby octopus.
But that isn't what this dish is.
Okay, how about a wetter version of crab rangoon???
Well, that's closer! Not quite on target, but definitely warmer. let me give you a hint: I ate it at Panera.
I was between events. I'd gone to a celebratory Light Tea at the soon to be defunct Savannah Tea Room. My friend the librarian had been promoted and I was one of the fortunates invited to praise the reward of her efforts. My dearest Marilyn, known for so long in so many different capacities, was also there, as well as two others from the Health Professions. The Green Lantern, aka The Hugger, was working the joint and made lovely plates of delicate treats for us - yum! And then lovely, lovely hugs afterward - YUM!
The librarian and I went on to explore some art galleries, neither of us having any particular place to be and both of us enjoying each other's company. Most of the galleries were already closed, but we did get to chat with a couple of the artists and to view their work up close. It was a very lovely way to spend time!
After she went home, I still had time before my movie at the Lucas Theatre, so, I thought, why not a light dinner? I had already had dessert at the tea! Panera was on the way, so in I went. What did I see? A new pasta dish!! Cool beans!
And, no, it was not coool, nor did it contain beans.
Pesto Sacchettini is the name. Warm and tasty is its game. Yum!
You should try it!
But bring your lactase.

No comments: