Wednesday, June 12, 2013

bang, bang! happy birthday!

Free dinner! Well, not quite, but almost! Even better, I got hugs before dinner and hugs after dinner!
Say what? Waitstaff was giving out free hugs?!?
Well... not to everyone... just to me!
My dear Nate of Italy was my server tonight - yeah!!!! I had barely been seated when he came over and greeted me with a huge smile and ready hug! You know how he knew it was me, even from the back? My sunglasses, those cheap shades with the neon green sides that I wore on the trip to Italy last year. Since then, I've bought a new pair, this time all neon green, but have yet to wear them. After all, as clearly revealed on this visit, how would anyone recognize me without them?
That was the start of a fine birthday meal! The restaurant supplied my main course, Bang Bang Shrimp, gratis, then I rounded out my dinner with a side of veggies. Yum! Plus, of course, the crispy bread with the pesto in olive oil, whisking me through the miles and back in time to Salerno by the sea. Very nice!
You may be thinking, hey, that sounds like a fairly light meal, there. An appetizer and steamed vegetables? Ah, perhaps, but I was making sure I had room for dessert! Just as they had last year around this time, Bonefish also had their special "peanut butter and jelly" bread pudding for this evening's repast. This time, though, I ate it right there, rather than for breakfast the next day. I even ate the peanut butter ice cream, burning two lactase supplements along the way!
Very much worth it!
If I had been at home, I would have licked the platter clean.
You would have, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.