Monday, May 18, 2015

response from my youngest brother


Yesterday, I received word from Tony for me to tell to Ronnie. This was in response to the letter I wrote to Tony on Thursday, May 7th.
Tony's letter is dated Tuesday, May 12th, so he must have written to me immediately.
In this time of instant notification by email and phone, the response time of the US Post Office seems rather slow. However, having lived and traveled in other countries, I can assure you that a ten-day turnaround is actually pretty good.
Here's what he had to say from north Georgia.

Hi, Tina, hang in there girl!

Wow. What a contrast from your card before to the last one. I've asked for some reinforcement and empowering prayers from 2 men i know are my brothers.

I'm actually at a loss for words to describe my feelings about what you're dealing with there. And about the sad-ass condition of my brother who is trapped in his own alcoholism. It's just so so sad. Pitiful really.

And i am so very sorry that you are having to deal with it. I love you Tina. You really are tremendously strong.

I love Ronnie too. This makes me just wonder - what in the world would or could drive Ronnie to such complete contempt and hatred of his own health and life? And, what appears to be his complete blindness to what virtually the entire country calls normalcy? What happened?!!

As i write i hope he is alive. I hope he has a desire to stay that way and improve. I hope he has already seen and realized that if and when he drinks that next beer that the rollercoaster ride starts again. I hope he can see, and cares about, what he's putting you through - continually. I hope he knows that i know. And that i care. And that there is never going to be any change in his life unless he wants it and he truely surrenders to God.

Lord help, in Jesus' name.
Lord help.


I'll make sure Ronnie gets the message.
Hopefully, he will listen.
For now, he is still at his son's house.
Hopefully, that will continue a few more days.

No comments: