Friday, May 15, 2015

with hopes for the best


Dear Tony,

Well, for better or worse, Ronnie has been released from the hospital. For now, he is staying with Michael. I told Ronnie, before he left my house yesterday afternoon, that he had been granted an amazing opportunity to get to know his son. He should make every moment count.

I also told Michael to call me or Smitty if things become overwhelming. His twin baby girls come first. Period.

How did all of this come to pass? We had a family meeting with Ronnie's doctor, Dwayne Gard, with his case manager, Amber Barnes, and with his nurse of the day, Liddy, at 2 PM yesterday. Smitty, Michael (with his babies), and I all tried to convince Ronnie to go to rehab, telling him he could have a place to live and a job if he's sober. The doctor and the case manager tried to convince him to go to rehab, pointing out that most alcoholics, by the time they have reached his age, have already run off everyone who cared for them.
All to no avail.
Grace House? Union Mission?
Nope, he was not interested.
Very frustrating.
Then Smitty had to go back to a job site. Michael had to take his girls home. The doctor and the case manager went back to their schedules.
I was left with the task of getting Ronnie out of the hospital and off to... somewhere.
I am so very burnt out from this.
Seriously.

So, here's the situation.
I've set up Ronnie's new phone, the second one I have had to buy for him in less than two months.
Smitty has just picked him up to take him to Michael's house, as his fiancee (Melanie) has agreed to Michael's plan to have his papa stay there for a few days.
Smitty has a rental trailer which is currently unoccupied, but trashed. Smitty is going to get it cleaned up enough for Ronnie to stay there, then have Ronnie continue to fix it up.
Provided he stay sober and allow his liver to heal.

Me?
I'm off duty for the "Ronnie detail".
Christina and Jason and their foster son are joining me at the Gnats' game tonight, in about half an hour.
Tonight, it's my turn to recover and heal.

with my love

No comments: