Monday, July 13, 2015

no coincidences, 2


I'm so glad I was home when my first niece came by in search of a hug.
A lot of things had to come into play for that to happen.

Last Thursday is when it all began for me.
I had gone down Skidaway Road yet again, trying to see if I could spot my middle brother around the Chevron gas station.
I did, wonder of wonders!
It was the first time I've seen Ronnie since June 2nd.
As Thursday was my oldest brother's birthday, I called him so he and Ronnie could exchange pleasantries.
Then, I sang "happy birthday" to Smitty and we made a "date" to take care of his business' quarterly and sales taxes.

Today, I first went to the credit union to deposit the check for the "loan" I've written to myself.
As I walked back to my car, there in the parking lot was...oh, my!... a penny!
Most excellent!
On the way to Smitty's store, I dropped off a huge bag of pillows and a big bag of shirts to Goodwill. (More such trips are definitely forthcoming.)
I was actually early for our "date" and managed to get the sales taxes done for last month on my own. Woohoo!
Then we finished off the quarterly set, getting him paid and the SIMPLE-IRA funded, too.
Only two hours to get all of that done - good!

I asked him about Christy and Daytona. She had contacted me while I was at the Polynesian Isles, asking about some vacation time. Miraculously, a place had opened up at the DBR! She told me she had to ask her hubby about the efficiency suite available, but I booked it right then. After all, I always LOVE going there!
Sure enough, she and John were not taking me up on that offer. He had family coming in that particular weekend.
Fine! Looks like I'm going there!

But first, to head home. Rains were on the way and the front yard still needed cutting.
I reached my destination just moments before the big heavy drops arrived.
Drats.
I ate lunch and stayed home.

Then came a knock on the door!
Christina and Chelsea were on my stoop.
Why? Christina needed a hug.
You know, one of those hugs that goes on and on, one of those hugs that reassures you that every little thing will eventually be alright again in the world.
She had just been told that she is losing her foster son.
The word was not official, as it came from one of the other foster moms, but the word said the four kids were going back to their birth mom after more than three years in state custody.
Heartbreaking.

My two nieces stayed with me until the first niece's husband got off work.
Then, all went home home, to await official word.
But I am invited to join Jason and the man with the voice for "Ant-Man" on Friday! Woohoo!
And I invited my niece and her husband to take the suite in Daytona, the place of their honeymoon, the place they love as much as I do.

Amazingly, the grass was not so wet from the slight rain.
I was able to mow the entire front yard before the battery gave out.
Mission accomplished!
And so much more.

No comments: