Saturday, July 18, 2015

pass the popcorn!


Time for another round of movie trivia!
This time, I've named the post in honor of the game played by yours truly and my BFF's daughter when we were up in the mountains of North Carolina last month. In the game, you have to collect cards from four film groups: character(s), cast, plot, and quote. Trust me, it was pretty hard, but we had fun trying to help each other guess!

Here, as before, I am offering quotes to be matched up with their respective movies.
The point, as always, is to have fun!

The Quotes:

A) "Leave the monster under the bed?"

B) "Be the person she already thinks you are."

C) "Make yourself useful - and don't shoot Pops."

D) "Old, not obsolete."

E) "You see only birth. I see only death."

F) "I couldn't remember if death or love is the solution for defeating the empire."

G) "I'm just some kind of box you had to check off, aren't I?"

H) "You take care of more people than the Red Cross."

I) "Less Talk. You're too good-looking to be insecure."

J) "It's been a while since I got you to second base."

K) "Do not, my friends, allow yourself to become addicted to water."

L) "It's a slippery slope."

M) "Well, I was born yesterday.'

N) "It isn't personal, it's programming."

O) "I danced with the devil - and I liked it!"

P) "How can I help it if I feel ticklish while wrestling?"

Q) "Fear excuses surrender."


The Characters and Movies:

1) The guru to the traveling shrink in "Hector and the Pursuit of Happiness".

2) Pawan, aka Bajrangi, to a lost girl and others, on a bus to his home in Delhi, in the Bollywoood film, "Bajrangi Bhaijaan".

3) The blonde chick (Lt. Ng) to former bigshot Brian Gilcrest in "Aloha".

4) Rich twit Travis to pretty boy Vince in "Entourage".

5) Danny, the nouveau riche client, to Kyle, the trainer, in Kyle's office, misreading the motivational poster, in "Results".

6) Future mom Linda to her future baby daddy in "Terminator Genisys".

7) Colossus, the evil warlord, to the people below, after teasing them with the release of liquid from the pipes in the cliff face in "Mad Max: Fury Road".

8) Ava the droid to the naive nerd Caleb in "Ex Machina".

9) Former girlfriend Agnes to ex-boyfriend, the shrink, in "Hector and the Pursuit of Happiness".

10) Judy Greer, as Mom, in "Jurassic World", to son, Gray, as he and his brother are leaving for the airport on their way to the theme park.

11) Judy Greer, as Mom and ex-wife, in "Ant-Man", to her ex, current conman, soon to be future Avenger.

12) Vision to Ultron, the evil guy, in "Avengers: Age of Ultron".

13) The Rock to his ex, as they've just coasted onto the baseball field in "San Andreas".

14) Pops to the future baby daddy in "Terminator Genisys".

15) Old neighbor woman to new father Andy Goldsworthy in "Rivers and Tides: Andy Goldsworthy Working With Time".

16) Emily, the hot girl, to pretty boy Vince in "Entourage".

17) Dom, the drug dealer, to the club bouncer in "Dope" and Austen Jacoby, the drug kingpin, to Malcolm the geek in "Dope".

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

The Answers:

1) Surprisingly, it's F ! There isn't even a superhero in the entire film!

2) P! (Something that being tickled may lead you to do!)

3) O! (Something you might expect from a blonde chick, as I once was!)

4) H, and said with a sneer, as a putdown. Odd how it comes off as a compliment!

5) Q - quite right! Totally different meaning when the three negative factors are read as a single sentence!

6) C - as I'm sure you did!

7) 'K, you evil brute. Though everyone knows we all need water to survive!

8) N-tirely true for robots and machines!

9) G - she really sussed him out, didn't she? And he was the shrink!

10) A, kids, be careful out in the real world!

11) B true to yourself, always!

12) 'M is one smart cookie, isn't he?

13) J..ust kidding, dear!

14) D, as in dead as a doorknob, buddy, if you don't watch out!

15) E gads, what a thing to say to a new daddy!

16) I see what she was after! Heck, everybody saw what she was after!

17) 'L is where that slippery slope will lead, so be careful!

Odd, isn't it?
I did not deliberately set up the matching to allow some puns and jokes along the way, but it certainly worked out nicely, didn't it?

Hope you had fun! While I was watching the movies in the various cinemas, I tried to find quotes that might serve as mini-synopses of the plots.
How did I do?

No comments: