Tuesday, September 22, 2015

oh, about the car...


Note: The above photo is from one of my older posts. Why is it here?
Because I like the message.
(smile)

Almost a month has passed since my younger brother commented about the state of my car. I should have addressed the issue earlier, but... well, you know. I've been a bit distracted since the car accident.
Here's what he wrote in that August 25th letter.

"Just a note to say hi and i love you! Again, i am so glad that you are not hurt from the accident.
I must say that i was a little surprised when i read in your letter that the value of your car is only $900.
Not that having a $900 car is a bad thing. But depending on a $900 car for all the traveling that you do seems just a bit risky. Please make sure that you stay safe, okay? Thanks. I really love you so do be careful! - Cool. :-)
"

What a sweet thing for him to say!
Truly, I was touched that he should worry so.
I had intended to write to reassure him about the car, but one thing came up after another. While I was waiting for something noteworthy, time passed.

Today, just a few minutes ago, I finally rectified that.
Here's my message to him.

"I do appreciate you being concerned about my car. Trust me, I keep up with the maintenance on it, especially oil changes, brakes, and tires.
Cosmetic things, like how it looks, really aren't the things that get you from Point A to Point B.
Like people and books, the outside isn't anywhere near as important as the contents.
"

Now, let's see if I can catch the mailman.
Bye!

No comments: