Friday, June 14, 2013

2D! 3D! BigD!

Today, I started my day with the "Man of Steel" and I'm going to end it that way, too. The good folks in charge of this movie chose THIS day, OUR Man of Steel's special day, for its grand opening. Coincidence? I choose to believe not.
I was not alone in that belief. When the one-eyed man suggested a group viewing of the film, I told him I was already on it. I had noticed the start date while on vacation in Orlando and decided to post an invite on fb, and elsewhere, for friends of Sam around the world to join together and celebrate his life. And what an outpouring of love there was in response! From Australia, from Montana, from California! From Michigan and Pennsylvania and Connecticut and Texas! And, of course, from Georgia!

It's been a lovely, sunny, day here, with just enough fluffy clouds dotting the perfect blue of the sky. I even thought I saw Sam, up there and to my left, as I was returning home from the afternoon movie. He was standing tall and gazing straight at me in that direct way he had. No picture-taking was possible, as I was traveling too quickly and the traffic was too heavy to allow that luxury. Still, I have the image in my mind to go along with the toast I made after the midnight film. And you better believe I was sure to pour a little something for the now-gone brother-from-another-mother.
Glad to share a birthday toast with you, man.
Miss ya, kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the date totally wrong. I thought the date was July 14th. I wasn't able to see Superman, but I listened to some Fiona Apple in memory of Sam. Her music always reminds me of Goth Girl Blog Day.

Dave Hewitt

faustina said...

Thanks for dropping by, Dave. And I totally get the link between Fiona Apple and GGBD.
And now, for some words from Sam:
http://realsamjohnson.blogspot.com/2007/02/happy-belated-goth-girl-blog-day.html