Saturday, October 19, 2013

prettier than it has to be



This is a simple plate of hummus and grilled pita.
But look how beautiful it is!
I do so enjoy food that is presented well. Then again, you may have picked up on that from quite a few of the photographs I've posted here over the years.
This was part of my dinner last night. I had met with the squirrel mistress for an unexpected dinner. She had phoned to say she was going to be downtown and would I care to join her for dinner before she returned to the 'burb "where it's cooler." (Local joke, y'all.)
I had suggested Kayak Kafe, as the food is good, inexpensive, and located right on the main drag. This place has become one of my favorites anytime I'm in the area.
She had never been and jumped at the chance to check it out.
The above dish is one of the appetizers, but I like it with a bowl of soup. The combo makes a very nice dinner (or lunch), filling enough without being too heavy. Just what you need on a hot summer night!
Satisfying to the body and the soul.

No comments: