Monday, October 28, 2013

celebrate, with fireworks


Make a wish!
Galaxies colliding!
UFO!
So many wonderful fireworks patterns!

The university was celebrating its alumni past, present, and future, this past weekend and culminated the event with the first-ever, on-campus, fireworks display extraordinaire.
Nice!

I had finally decided that I would, after all, throw myself out of the house, and southward, on that chilly Saturday night.

So, in typical short-notice style, I had invited my first niece and her current kids to join me there for the event. After all, we all enjoy fireworks!

Amazingly, she and the two boys were able to meet me there.
Yeah!

And such a fabulous show it was!
I think it may have lasted twenty minutes - maybe more!






Afterward, we stopped for some FRESH! HOT!
You know what I mean!
But in between the fireworks and the doughnuts, we met the firefighters who were there to chase stray embers.
The younger boy really enjoys meeting firemen and police officers.
They all shook his hand and he was able to climb up into the cab of the fire engine and pose for pictures of him "driving".

We must have visited with them for almost thirty minutes.
Thanks, Bobby, for your cheerful patience!
And for the toot of the siren as y'all left campus - you made a 7-year-old so very happy!


No comments: