Friday, July 19, 2013

a few of my favorite things

The orchid was a gift from my Hawaiian student this past spring. I told her I hope I don't kill it, as I have a bit of a brown thumb. Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy plants, especially flowers. I just don't do very well at keeping them alive. This orchid was given to me the first week of May and still had blooms at the beginning of this month. Yeah!!!
The pinwheel is from Jekyll Island and has already received its fair share of space on my beach.
The view is from my office window. Oops, let me rephrase that! From my former office window. I guess I'll be holding office hours in the department's conference room this semester. Oh, well, that's not how I would have planned it, but that is how it's going to be.
The lower printout on the cabinet door is of the animated character created for the chemical element, Tungsten. The chemical symbol is derived from the name of the source of the element, a mineral known as Wolfram. That, alone, makes it one of my favorite elements. Wolfram. Nice!
The other printout is the schedule at the Fine Arts center on campus. Gotta get your cultural fix, you know? Balance is one of the keys to life. Work hard, play hard, rest hard.
Balance.

No comments: