Thursday, November 13, 2014

drowning in a sea of newsprint



Hey, Dood!

Here's another week heading into a weekend and I'm bogged down in newspapers. Seriously.
I have stacks of pages pulled out to read, stacks of newspapers still with rubber bands on or still in plastic sleeves, and my recycling bin is full of discarded ad inserts and skimmed headlines.
Well, that last part is an exaggeration. My recycling bin is the same size as my trash bin, so, it would be difficult to fill it up with just newspapers. Still, the daily deliveries have become yet another mound of paper cluttering up my house and slowing me down.
Today, that has stopped. My subscription expired yesterday. Hooray! No more rolled-up masses awaiting me at the end of the sidewalk every morning!
Truly, I will miss the comics and the game page. But, that's about all I'll miss. And I won't even miss those for a while because I still have so many unread papers here already. It's rather ridiculous.
Kind of like this letter, huh?
Hahaha!

with much love!

election month joke: Who is a city official who hopes many slots are filled?

answer: the mayor of Las Vegas!





No comments: